An announcement has been made already that the next VolvoOceanRace will be starting in 2021. That is very good news.
The VOR committee had come to an agreement with the IMOCA organisation to make the IMOCA 60 boat available for next VOR
The IMOCA60 is an open boat, with canting keel and foils. So we may expect some close and fast sailing again in next VOR.
What if you can not wait 3 years?
Well, what I do and can recommend is to hone your sailing skills in the Virtual Sailing community. For me the best Virtual Sailing Player is LiveSkipper Virtual Sailing Game
This game is modern, does not use so much computer power as the ram hungry Virtual Sailing that was used in previous VOR's .
In LiveSkipper, you have a lot of free navigation and sailing optimization tools that makes live for a virtual sailor comfortable. All the features, like multiple sails, autopilot, scheduler, marks, wind forecasts for 7 days etc are free, such that all Boats have same opportunity of sailing same speed and win race.
|LiveSkipper Game screen|
The game screen offers:
- view of your Boat
- view of your set route
- wind information
- wind data at the mouse
- Polar diagram and 3hrs polar projections, upto 24 hrs.
- winds forecast upto 7 days
- extensive date on the ruler,
- clear maps and shorelines to prevent grounding
- Marks, 4 for free and optional 10 for minimal contribution
- regular short and long duration sailing races
- an easy to use Forum
- an easy to used chat box, also for closed groups
- and an easy to understand LiveSkipper wiki, to learn all about virtual sailing and optimal sailing in LiveSkipper.
Hope to meet you either in LiveSkipper or in next VolvoOceanRace.